- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Preventative Health Care Program For Cattle
This is an outline of a Bovine preventative health program.
|Rota-Coronavirus (calf-Guard)||Within the first 24 hours post birth||2 doses 3-6 weeks prior to calving|
|Colostrial 8-way||5-6 months||5-6 months||1-2 months prior to calving||Annually|
|Selenium Vitamin E (Bose/Muse)||At birth||5-6 months||Every 6 months 1-2 months prior to calving||Every 6 months|
|Deworm Ivomec in fall Ivomec Plus in Spring||5-6 months||Every 6 months||Every 6 months||Every 6 months|
|Respiratory Virus Vacines IBR, BRSV, BVD, and PI3 (virashield 5)||5-6 months||5-6 months||1-2 months prior to calving||Annually|
|Brucellosis (“BANGS”)||4-8 months Dairy heifers 4-10 months Beef heifers|
|Reproductive vacines (Vibshied 5)||2-4 weeks prior to breeding||2-4 weeks prior to breeding|
- Chlorhexiderm or betadine solution on navel (spray or dip)
- Castrate and Dehorn
- Pregnancy examinations in the fall (cull open cows)
- Breeding Soundness exams for bulls 1 month prior to turn out
- Check for lice January through March
- Deworm at least twice a year